Admission to the program is competitive. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure admission. Admission is granted to the candidates deemed to be most qualified to achieve success. In general applicants:
- Should hold a MBA degree or equivalent master degree in business from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.3 or higher. Applicants with an out-of-field master’s degree will be required to complete the prerequisite foundation coursework before starting the DBA Program.
- Are required to take the GMAT.
- Must have 5 years or more experience in an appropriate managerial position in a corporate, governmental or non-profit organization. This requirement does not apply to applicants who are acquiring the DBA degree to teach or work in an academic institution.
- Are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if English is not the student's native language. The minimum acceptable performance is 550 on the written TOEFL, 213 on the computerized version, or 79 on the Internet TOEFL. Minimum acceptable IELTS is 7.0. The TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived for those international students who have completed their degrees at an accredited U.S. university.
- Must provide three professional letters of recommendation.
- Must provide a statement (500 words or less) stating the applicant's professional and personal reasons for pursuing a DBA degree, the applicant’s primary academic and research interests, the applicants qualifications for completing a doctoral program, and the reasons for selecting Lawrence Technological University.
- Must provide a professional resume.
- Must complete a personal interview with the Executive Director of the DBA Program and members of the DBA faculty.
Applicants who have exceptional merit but do not meet all admission criteria may be admitted under special circumstances determined by the Admissions Committee. Applicants who meet the admission requirements, but whose supporting documentation (e.g. academic transcripts) are still pending may be admitted conditionally.
*Letters of Recommendation, transcripts and independent test scores must come directly from the institution or person to: Office of Graduate Admissions, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West Ten Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075-1058. Candidates are notified by mail of the outcome of their applications.
Doctoral Application Form
Doctoral Letter of Recommendation Form
For more information, contact Lawrence Admissions at 248.204.3160. or visit the Application Procedure Page