DOCTORAL PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The first step toward advancing a more humane and sustainable global community is education. Making the choice to apply for admission to Lawrence Tech's College of Management will further your educational objectives and make it possible to achieve both your personal and professional goals.
- DBA program applicants should hold an MBA degree or equivalent master's degree in business from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.3 or higher. Applicants with an out-of-field master's degree will be required to complete the prerequisite foundation course work before starting the DBA Program.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from each institution attended of all previous college or university work in sealed envelopes by the granting institutions.
- Applicants are required to take the GMAT or GRE. The GMAT or GRE requirement may be waived upon petition to the DBA Program Chair. The petition must include a portfolio that demonstrates exemplary professional work experience and evidence of scholarship (two peer-reviewed scholarly published papers).
- Applicants must have 5 years or more experience managerial positions in a corporate, governmental or non-profit organizations. This requirement does not apply to applicants who are acquiring the DBA degree to teach or work in an academic institution.
- Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if English is not the student's native language. The minimum acceptable performance is 550 on the written TOEFL, 250 on the computerized version, or 79 on the Internet TOEFL. Minimum acceptable IELTS is 6.5. The TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived for those international students who have completed their degrees at an accredited U.S. university.
- Applicants must provide a professional resume or CV.
- Applicants must provide three professional letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must provide a statement (approximately 1000 words) addressing the applicant's career objectives and professional and personal reasons for pursuing a doctorate degree, the applicant's primary academic and research interests, the applicants qualifications for completing a doctoral program, and the reasons for selecting Lawrence Technological University.
- Applicants must complete Application for Doctoral Admission and a personal interview with the DBA Program Chair and members of the DBA faculty.
*Letters of Recommendation, transcripts and independent test scores must come directly from the institution or person to: Office of Graduate Admissions, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West Ten Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075-1058. Candidates are notified by mail of the outcome of their applications.
All documents are required to be received by:
- May 1st for the Fall Term
- October 1st for the Spring Term
For additional information, contact our Student Relationship Advising Office at 248.204.3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.