Dr. Patty Castelli
Education and Professional Experience
- Doctor of Philosophy 1994, Instructional Technology, Division of Administrative and Organization Studies, College of Education, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- Dissertation: An Analysis of Self-Attributed Achievement Motives and Their Effects on the Instructional Motivation Needs of Adult Learners. An examination of low and high need achievers and the relationships among varying motivating strategies used in classroom instruction. The results suggest implications and guidelines instructors can use to maximize learning experiences for adult learners.
- Master of Business Administration 1992, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan
- Bachelor of General Studies 1987, Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois
- Associate Professor 2003 - Present
- Assistant Professor 2000 - 2003
- Lawrence Technological University, College of Management, Southfield, Michigan
- As full-time professor, teach a variety of management coursework for doctoral and graduate students. As part of LTU’s regional and program accreditations, lead, develop and implement Outcomes Assessment initiatives to continuously improve the College of Management’s overall effectiveness. Prepare annual operational reports for the Dean. Serve on various university and college boards to meet strategic goals.
- Adjunct Professor 1995 - 1999
- Lawrence Technological University and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- As adjunct professor, facilitate learning for graduate students in a variety of management coursework. Staff functions at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University also included: serving as Academic Advisor to orient and advise new professors; serving as Research Committee Chair to assist graduate students in thesis design and development.
PRESIDENT, PAC PRODUCTIONS, LEADERSHIP TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT 1993 - Present
Since 1993, Dr. Castelli has motivated, mobilized and directed diverse groups of people toward excellence. Her business specialty is management consulting for leadership training and development. Organizations Dr. Castelli has worked with include General Motors Corporation, The American Medical Association, IBM, The Department of the U.S. Army, Sara Lee Corporation, Whirlpool International, Amway Corporation, 1.800.FLOWERS.COM, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
Extensive client list includes: General Motors Corporation, Worldwide Facilities Group- GM Facilities Management, Whirlpool International, IBM, The Department of the U.S. Army, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Sara Lee Corporation, The American Medical Association, Amway Corporation, DePaul Health Center, Development Centers, Inc., UAW-GM Work Family Group, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Detroit Testing Laboratory, Inc., and Finishmaster International.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Academy of Business Research
- Member, Allied Academies: Academy of Educational Leadership
- Co-Champion, International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE); Chair, Board of Commissioners 2003-2004, Board of Commissioners Member 2001 – 2005
- Co-Champion, Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
DR. PATTY CASTELLI HOMEPAGE