Bachelor of Science of Business Administration
Business administration has long led the list of degrees that are most in demand by employers. Surveys indicate the trend will continue with a need for those with education in accounting, global business, finance, marketing, economics, information technology, operations, human resources, and strategic planning. Employers increasingly require strong technical and communication skills, critical thinking, and leadership abilities as they face increased competition in the global marketplace.
With a degree in business, you can work in a wide range of industries. Whether you become self-employed or an employee of a large multinational firm, the analytical and decision-making abilities acquired through a business education can determine your level of success. Business professionals with strong leadership and problem solving skills can easily transition from one industry to another.
“Lawrence Tech’s management curriculum prepares you for the real working environment, and it gave me the knowledge and preparation for the position I now have, working for a leading supplier of industrial tools.”
Why Business Administration at Lawrence Tech?
Whether you have your sights set on becoming the next CEO of a global firm, flexing your creative muscles to execute award-winning marketing campaigns, or running your own business, the Bachelor of Business Administration will prepare you to lead in a changing world. The Business Administration degree provides a strong foundation in business combined with a concentration of the student’s choice and a broad liberal arts education emphasizing the communication and critical thinking skills employers demand. It is an excellent choice for transfer students who wish to gain maximum credit for courses already completed. Students can:
- get real business experience in and out of the classroom through consulting projects, Quest projects and participation in on-campus activities like the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization;
- earn concentrations or minors in Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Technical and Professional Communication, and more, or create a customized concentration designed around a student’s career goals;
- compete to earn scholarship funds while learning and helping a community organization through the Community Connect competition;
- with appropriate academic qualifications, earn early admission to the MBA program;
- learn from an outstanding faculty with extensive industry and academic experience;
- participate in small classes that encourage team building and personal interaction with their instructors and peers;
- gain expert advising from a faculty member in their program, maximizing opportunities at Lawrence Tech and creating a path for success after graduation;
- earn a bachelor’s degree in 60 hours if they already have an associate degree;
- complete the junior and senior year requirements in the classroom or online;
- take advantage of valuable internship opportunities; and
- participate in a network of links to professional organizations and industrial partners.
“The course work is challenging and the Lawrence Tech professors are all very accessible and helpful. My internship really opened my eyes to what it is to be part of a business enterprise. I feel very confident that I can enter the business world and be effective from day one.”
Lawrence Tech's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration includes up to 30 credits of elective coursework. Students use these electives to concentrate on courses that will help them achieve their professional goals. While students can work one-on-one with their academic advisor to customize an individualized concentration, formal concentrations include:
- Digital Marketing -- a concentration unique to LTU, the Digital Marketing concentration allows students to learn about one of the fastest-growing careers in business. Digital Marketing graduates learn how to create marketing strategies that are executed through digital technology, including the Internet, QR codes, social media, etc. The concentration includes Web Analytics for Marketing, which teaches how to measure whether a marketing campaign is working.
- Entrepreneurship -- understand how to write and pitch a business plan, how to financially plan for running your own business, and how to market your small business.
- Communication -- experience a mix of oral, written, and media communication courses to give yourself an edge in the competitive world of marketing and public relations. Students can earn a minor in Technical and Professional Communication as part of this concentration.
We also offer concentrations in:
- Information Technology -- differentiate yourself by demonstrating expertise in information technology, and prepare for positions in managing teams of IT professionals.
- Pre-Law -- lawyers who also understand business are essential. The pre-law concentration allows you to finish your business degree and prepare for law school with courses that will challenge you and stimulate critical thinking.
- Eligible students can get a head-start on their graduate degrees by taking courses in such areas as Healthcare IT Management (our newest graduate concentration), Non-profit Management, Project Management and more.
Your Path to a Graduate Degree
Qualified students in Lawrence Tech's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program can earn early admission to Lawrence Tech's Master of Business Administration or other graduate programs. Students who receive early admission to a Lawrence Tech graduate program can take up to 6 graduate-level credit hours that apply to both their undergraduate and master's degrees. The Lawrence Tech management programs set the stage for your long-term success!
This program is also offered online
For more information, including information for transfer and international students contact Lawrence Tech's Office of Admissions at 800.CALL.LTU or email@example.com.
Send an email to to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Professor Karen Evans at 248.204.3508
BSBM Program Brochure (for students finishing the BSBM degree)
BSBM Program Flow Sheet (for students finishing the BSBM degree)
BSBA Program Flow Sheet (for students starting the BSBA degree in Fall 2012 or later)
BSBA Program Flow Chart (for students starting the BSBA degree in Fall 2012 or later)