ALUMNI WEEK 2015 RECAP
Thank you for participating in the College of Management 3rd Annual Alumni Week March 16th-19th, 2015!
There were many exciting activities and opportunities to meet with our alumni. We want our current students to get to know our alumni, and learn from the experience and wisdom that they have gained since successfully making their way out into the business community.
It was an honor and a great learning opportunity for students to have the chance to meet our alumni at one of our classes.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the College of Management next year!
This year's Keynote speaker was:
Fred VanderVoord, MSIO '99
Where we were - Where we are - Where we are going:
Attempting to bring awareness to how the framework of our present and past influences our future characteristics.
Fred VanderVoord has spent the last 20 years of his career at the Chrysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills, now owned by FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles).
Fred was hired into the Product Design Office and has spent his entire time in that branch of the company. Fred spent 19 years fulfilling roles in operations within the Design Office and most recently moved to Planner for Dodge and Ram Studio.
In this new role he has become responsible for workforce engineering, projecting future product budgets for the Product Design Office, and arranging development activities that support the design and styling of future vehicles for Dodge and Ram design studios.
Previously he was the Manager of the Milling, Digitizing, Rapid Prototype department which accomplished all
industrial operations necessary in the world of automotive design and styling for Chrysler.
Before joining Chrysler, Fred served 4 years in the United States Marine Corps, honorably discharged as a
sergeant, and spent 10 years as the Photogrammetric Mapping Manager of Air-Land Surveys in Clarkston, MI.
Mr. VanderVoord holds a B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Ferris State University.
He is a 1999 graduate of Lawrence Technological University with a M.S. in Industrial Operations.
Our alumni guest speakers:
Mon, March 16th:
1. MKT 4013 Consumer Behavior (Kiani) - Carrie Devone, Market Trends 11:00-11:30am
2. INT 3803 Database Design (Ku) - Timothy Balogh, Jon Bezak, Ford's College Graduate Program 11:00-11:30am
3. MBA 7063 Project Mgt (Phillips) - Gene Gutt, Visibility vs Meetings 5:45-6:15pm
4. INT 4013 Telecom & Networks (Martella) - Paul Benvenuti, Ford's College Graduate Program 5:45-6:15pm
5. MBA 6073 Global Strategic Mgt (Marx) - Tracey Boltik, Opportunities After Graduation 5:45-6:15 pm
6. MGT 4213 Strategic Mgt (Omrani) - Gene Gutt, Organization Structure 6:15-6:45pm
7. MBA 7063 Project Mgt (Droomi) - Gene Gutt, Visibiity vs Meetings 6:45-7:15 pm
Tuesday, March 17th:
1. HRM 3023 HR Mgt (Egleston) - Althea Hale, Training & Development 11:00-11:30am
2. MGT 4113 Applied Decision Analysis (Paryani) - Gene Gutt, Assumptions 11:00-11:30am
3. MGT 3103 Project Mgt (Phillips) - Gene Gutt, What vs How 5:45-6:15pm
Wednesday, March 18th:
1. INT 3103 Info Tech Mgt (Alexandris) - Jon Bezak, Alex Zarembo, Ford's College Graduate Program 5:45-6:15pm
2. MBA 6053 Strategic Marketing Mgt (Mathur) - Gene Gutt, Critical Focus 5:45-6:15pm
3. INT 3603 eBusiness Strategy (Montgomery) - Gene Gutt, Defined for Use 6:15-6:45pm
4. MBA 6043 Global Leadership (Marx) - Michelle Baker, Global Project Leadership5:45-6:15 pm
5. INT 6113 Database Modeling and Administration (Ku) - Aleksandar Velkoski, Big Data & NoSQL Databases 5:45pm-6:15pm
Thursday, March 19th:
1. MGT 4113 (Paryani) - Aleksandar Velkoski, Decisions Under Uncertainty in the Real World 11:00-1:40pm
2. INT 3203 Technical Infrastructure (Sanford) - Josh Olivera, Ford's College Graduate Program 5:45-6:15pm
3. INT 4303 IT Business Strategy (Neary) - Craig Rasche, From LIT through 35 Years in IT 5:45-6:15pm
Alumni Week 2014 Recap
Watch our Keynote Speaker, Rosemary K. Bayer, CIMBA '03 present her topic: "Be a Master Builder (don't follow the instructions)".
Rosemary Bayer is Chief Inspiration Officer of ardentCause L3C, a nationally-recognized technology company serving the nonprofit and education industries with software solutions that achieve better outcomes through data collection, mining, analysis, visualization and communication of results. The company provides unique capabilities for improving organizational performance and enabling effective collaboration and community impact through cross-organizational information sharing.
At ardentCause, Rosemary is CEO and leads product development. Before ardentCause, Rosemary spent 25 years in information technology at Sun Microsystems, Amdahl and Control Data Corporation; as systems engineer/inventor; engineering management; and General Management of a large global division.
Since August, 2012, Rosemary is also the lead instructor for the Michigan Inforum ACTiVATE® program, a 10 month educational program originally created with the support of the National Science Foundation, designed to help women start technology companies and leverage technology transfer from research universities in the U.S
Rosemary co-founded the Michigan Council of Women in Technology and its Foundation, providing support for girls and women pursuing technology careers and interests.
Our alumni guest speakers:
Craig Rasche, BSBA'79 - Visiting INT 6043 Enterprise Information Technology on Monday, March 17th
Terry Hall, MSIS'09 - Visiting INT 7233 Network Security on Monday, March 17th
Martin Monte, MBA'11, BSET '98 - Visiting MBA 6073 Global Strategic Management on Monday, March 17th
Patrice Banks, MBA'12 - Visiting MGT 3113 Operations Management on Tuesday, March 18th
James Ureel, MSIS'05, MSCS'05 - Visiting INT 5024 Business Application Programming on Tuesday, March 18th
David Broome, MSIS'96 - Visiting MBA 6073 Global Strategic Management on Tuesday, March 18th
James Baumgartner, MGLM'13 - Visiting MGT 3103 Project Management on Wednesday, March 19th
Aleksandar Velkoski, DBA'12, MBA'08, BSBA'06 - Visiting INT 7513 Business Analytics and Data Mining and MBA 5013 Business Application of Statistics on Wednesday, March 19th
Jeffery Creighton, MBA '12 - Vsiting MBA 6043 Global Leadership on Wednesday, March 19th
Robert Stempien, MGLM '13 - Visiting MBA 6053 Strategic Marketing Management on Tuesday, March 25th
Keith Schweizer, MGLM '13- Visiting HRM 3023 Human Resource Management on Thursday, March 27th
Ford's IT Alumni Recruiting Team,
Paul Benvenuti, BSBA'90 - Visiting INT 6123 Systems Analysis and Design on Tuesday, March 18th (1:45pm)
Tim Balogh - Visiting INT 6123 Systems Analysis and Design on Tuesday, March 18th (5:45pm)
Wafa Bunney - Visiting MBA 7063 Project Management on Tuesday, March 18th
John Bezak and Alex Zarembo - Visiting INT 6113 Database Modeling & Administration on Thursday, March 20th
Paul Benvenuti, BSBA'90 - Visiting INT 6043 Enterprise Information Technology on Thursday, March 20th
We hope you enjoyed meeting our COM Alumni and welcoming them back to campus.
Thank you for your participation.
Dean Bahman Mirshab
Faculty and Staff of the College of Management