Online Faculty Position Description
Position Title - Online Adjunct Instructor
Lawrence Technological University seeks academically qualified and experienced online adjunct instructors for teaching opportunities with LTU Online.
- Provide Theory and Practice education through learner-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill their career objectives.
- Instruct and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the LTU online learning environment.
- Foster and encourage an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
Key Job Elements
- Provides competency-based education
- Delivers online class instruction of the LTU Online approved online course
- Enables student exit competencies
- Delivers learner-centered instruction through distance delivery mechanisms
- Encourages student success
- Manages the online class environment
- Contributes to a culture of learning
- Relates industry experience to learning
- A minimum Masters Degree (preferably a Ph.D. or equivalent degree) in the area of the teaching discipline is required of all LTU Online teaching faculty.
- Successful teaching experience of at least 24 recent graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline from a regionally accredited institution, supported by prior teaching evaluations. At least 9 of these semester hours must have been taught in hybrid or online environments.
- Credentials and workplace experience directly related to the LTU Online course(s) of interest.
- Successful completion of the LTU Online Facilitator Training course.
- Letters of recommendation from a faculty colleague and from an experienced online educator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work in an accelerated learning format and to work online with students on a daily basis.
- Access to personal computer, broadband Internet services, and other requirements set forth on the ltu.edu/ltuonline web site.