Faculty Research Agenda
LTU Online encourages its faculty members to maintain an active research and publication agenda in their own disciplines and in areas related to online teaching and learning including:
- Assessment of student learning
- Program evaluation
- Course development methodology
- Learning communities
- Continuous improvement
- Use of synchronous tools to support asynchronous learning
- Online program administration
- Online marketing and search engine optimization
Examples of recent publications by LTU Online faculty include:
McCord, A. "Staffing and Supporting a New Online Initiative." Innovate Journal of Online Education, 3(2), December 2006-January 2007.
Castelli, P., Stavros, J., with Seiling, J., Hinrichs, G., & Moss, C. "Creating and Sustaining Vibrant and Virtual Learning Communities." Academy of Management Midwest Conference, October 2006.