Can't find the item you're looking for here at Lawrence Tech Library? Faculty, students and staff can place an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request, and requested items may arrive from anywhere in North America.
The LTU Library is able to borrow for patrons with accounts in good standing (contact information up to date, no overdues) and fines below $15.00.
Note: the LTU Library is not able to honor multiple, concurrent requests for the same title, for the same patron.
- Search Michigan eLibrary (MeL)
- If you find your item there, simply click on the button "Get this for me" and enter your LTU credentials
- An item must say "available" in order to request it
- Items arrive in about 1-2 weeks, but sometimes sooner
- Watch "Request items through MeL - Tutorial" (YouTube)
- Free delivery to Lawrence Tech Library
- To request an Interlibrary Loan (items not found in MeL), simply search our catalog, TechCat+, with the libraries option set to "Libraries Worldwide". When you have found the item you wish to request, be sure to click on that item so that the detailed record is brought up. Then scroll down to click on the red button, "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan." Fill out the short form there, and then submit.
- If you are off-campus, make sure to log into Blackboard first in order to see this button.
- If you cannot locate the item you wish to request, simply email us the details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Library will subsidize the cost of an Interlibrary Loan for students up to $15. As always, books borrowed via MelCat never have a loan fee.
- Allow 1-2 weeks for books to arrive, articles generally arrive somewhat faster.
Items are generally not available for requesting through Interlibrary Loan:
- Textbooks listed by the bookstore for current classes.The Library cannot send requests for textbooks through Interlibrary Loan in lieu of purchase. Textbooks accidentally requested will be placed on in-house use only for the initial lending period provided by the owning institution.
- Media: some popular videos, films, CDs, video games, computer files, etc. (Please try MeLCAT or your local public library.)
- Items LTU's Library owns, but are checked out or in an alternate format.
- Items published in the last calendar year (Please try MeLCAT).
- Reference materials (very few libraries lend these).
- Items being placed on Reserve in the LTU Library.
- Entire journal issues or several articles from the same journal issue (copyright infringement).
- Popular books such as those on the "Best Seller" list (Please try MeLCAT or your local public library.)
Items on this list will also not be available for other libraries to borrow through Interlibrary Loan from the LTU Library collection.