Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students
Definition of a Transfer Student
Transfer students are students who graduated from high school and have taken 30 or more credits at a post-secondary institution. High school students who completed post-secondary coursework before their high school graduation are considered freshmen students, not transfers.
- Completed application
- Official college and high school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Essay describing your educational goals, highlighting your educational career, or describing your involvement in any leadership development programs
- ACT or SAT required for graduating seniors
- Application fee of $30
- If you have completed 30 or more credit hours, admission is based upon your college GPA. Both official college and high school transcripts are required. If you have completed fewer than 30 credit hours, admission is based upon your high school transcripts.
- In order for a class to be transferable, you must have completed the course with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
- An official transfer evaluation will be completed upon your admission to the University. See ltu.edu/futurestudents/transfer for transfer guides and articulation agreements.
- You are encouraged to meet with an admissions counselor at Lawrence Tech early in your college/university career for proper advising.
Specific Admission Requirements
- All majors, except architecture and transportation design, require an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher. Architecture and transportation design majors require an overall GPA of 2.2 or higher.
- A portfolio is required for transportation design students.
Lawrence Technological University
Office of Admissions
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075-1058