Free Hands-on Workshops for High School Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors
Sponsored by Lawrence Tech's Media Communications program and the College of Architecture and Design, students will have the opportunity to explore various media workshops in a hands-on setting. Programs offered include Game Art, Movie Magic, and TV Production. All of the workshops will be held at the same time and space is limited; we ask that you do not register for multiple workshops. If you are already registered and you have changed your mind about which workshop you would like to attend, you can use the RSVP link below to log in and decline your registration for the original workshop before registering for a new one.
Please check back soon for information about our next Media Mash-Up date!
Buell Atrium; College of Management
21000 W. Ten Mile Rd
Southfield, MI 48075
Register for one of our sessions below:
Digital Graphics: *Session is Closed*
- Get a crash course in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator with LTU professor Paula Anderanin
- Edit images, draw illustrations, create animations, and learn how to apply these skills in social media and videos
Game Art: *Session is Closed*
- Learn how interactive computer games are developed with LTU professor Mars Ashton
- Create and animate a 2-D character using Adobe Flash
- Explore broadcast journalism with Cheryl Chodun, an award-winning TV and radio news reporter and member of the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame
- Produce a TV segment in LTU's state-of-the-art studio
- Learn how to use the Web, FaceTime, Skype, and Twitter to get the news out
- Explore After Effects with digital video artist Justin Skotarczyk, who has worked on films, music videos, and commercials
- Create a sci-fi scene with CG, visual effects, and video footage
Also check out the Broke Student Film Festival at LTU: brokestudentfilmfestival.com
For questions or more information please call the Office of Admissions at 248.204.3160. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.