Students must submit all of the following at least 90 days prior to the start of the term they wish to begin.
The admissions requirements are:
1. A completed application for admission with the $30 undergraduate or $50 graduate non-refundable fee. An online application is available here.
To pay the application fee, please click here. Once you have accessed the Touchnet home page, login with your student ID and your six-digit birth date in MMDDYY format. Click on "Make a Payment", Indicate payment amount and continue. Select "Method of Payment", then follow the directions to process your credit card payment.
2. International transcripts - International students are required to submit official transcripts to complete their applications. Lawrence Tech considers transcripts to be official if they are original or attested and sent directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope. A certified translation will also be required for transcripts not issued in English. Below are guidelines for each application category:
Freshman (still attending high school): submit your high school marks/transcript in English to Lawrence Tech during your senior or final year of school for an admission decision. Upon graduation you will need to submit final transcripts and any certificates that indicate completion of secondary education. A WES document by document evaluation may be submitted in place of the transcripts. The Office of Admissions may require a WES document by document evaluation at their discretion.
Transfer (attended college/university courses): submit both your high school marks/transcripts and your college or university high school marks/transcripts to WES for a course-by-course evaluation of credit and degrees.
Graduate (completed a four year college/university degree): All transcripts of previously attended schools required for decisions on applications for graduate admissions must come directly from the issuing institutions, and be either original or an attested copy. All admission decisions are made by the Graduate Admission Committee of each college to which the applicant has applied. The Graduate Admission Committee and the Office of Admissions retain the right to require a course by course evaluation through the World Education Services (WES) prior to the application review.
3. English proficiency or ESL - All international students are required to take the TOEFL, or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. We require a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS. We offer ESL courses at LTU. If a student does not meet the minimum proficiency scores, ESL coursework will be provided. ESL coursework is provided during the traditional academic semesters and assessments are given at the end of each semester. Upon succesfully passing the ESL assessment, students may then move into academic coursework. For more information about taking the TOEFL including finding a test site near you, please refer to the TOEFL website at http://www.ets.org/toefl/. Information on the IELTS exam can be found at http://www.ielts.org/.
*Scores falling below these minimum levels will still be considered for a conditional admission status. Students with scores below these levels will be required to enroll in English as a Second Language Coursework. The scores will be used to determine the level of ESL required. Students with qualifying scores below the minimum may be allowed to enroll in part time ESL and part time academic coursework. Allowances in this form are determined by the ESL advisors.
4. SAT or ACT Test Scores Recommended for Freshman applicants only. Students who will be graduating from high school immediately before coming to Lawrence Tech are recommended to submit test score results from one of the two test types. These scores are not required as a basis for an admissions decisions, however they are required for consideration for freshman academic scholarships. Scholarships for freshman students cannot be awarded without either an SAT or ACT score report on record.
6. Additional Requirements - Select programs, especially Master's and Doctoral level programs, may have additional requirements. Please verify with the academic program's web page to verify you have met all additional requirements.