Placed 2nd in the world for the 2nd year in a row, out-performing much larger university teams.
- In 2010, the Hybrid team took 3rd in class and earned outstanding scores in design review (teams first competition)
- During 2010 competition the vehicle won the General Motors' 3rd place design award
About the team:
- The competition provides students a unique opportunity to combine the University's signature blend of theory and practice with the challenge of a real-world problem: creating a high-performance racing vehicle that is also fuel-efficient.
- The students design, build, test, and race a Formula hybrid vehicle in competition with other student engineering teams from around the world.
- LTU incorporated the Formula HybridTM competition into its engineering curriculum as a year-long project in 2009 - 10.
Download the Formula Hybrid Brochure