Background + Expertise
- Michigan State University, Ph.D. Management Science, 1975.
- Central Michigan University, MBA Management, 1970.
- University of Michigan, BS Mathematics, 1964.
- Lawrence Technological University (9/87 – Present), Southfield, Michigan Professor, Management Information Systems (9/91 - Present). Teach MIS, Operations Management, and Management courses. Dean, College of Management (7/89 – 6/91). Associate Professor, Management Information Systems (9/87 – 6/89). Participated in the development and implementation of the MBA, MSIS and MSIO programs.
- Eastern Michigan University (8/73 – 4/77), Ypsilanti, Michigan â€‘ Assistant Professor, Department of Operations Research and Information Systems. Taught undergraduate and graduate MIS courses. Participated in the design and implementation of a Master’s program in Management Information Systems and a Bachelors’ program in Operations Management. Administrative responsibilities included: Chairman, departmental Personnel Committee; Chairman, university Instructional Computer Service Committee; Coordinator, departmental Business & Industrial Relations.
- Michigan State University (9/70 – 8/73), East Lansing, Michigan â€‘ Ph.D. candidate and instructor in the Department of Management. Worked/consulted with the following organizations: Michigan Department of Education, MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, Systems Research, Inc., American Water Works Association, and Michigan Department of Public Health.
- Spring Arbor Distributors (9/83 – 9/87), Belleville, Michigan. Manager, Systems Development. Managed a staff of analysts and programmers in the design, programming, and implementation of new or revised application software, such as: on-line order entry, inventory control, accounts receivable, and purchasing. Recommended improvements or acquisition of hardware and systems software. Utilized mainframes and/or microprocessors (IBM PC) as relevant for the user’s requirements. Trained and supported end users in their independent access and use of the information system.
- General Motors Corporation (9/77 – 9/83), Detroit, Michigan. Manager, Data Analysis Activity (1/82 – 9/83). Coordinated and/or provided statistical, operations research, and data processing services supporting GM and outside attorneys in the defense of EEO class action litigation. Consultant (5/79 – 12/81). Organizational development consultant to the electrical and mechanical components divisions of General Motors. Supervise the system development and maintenance of the Quality of Work Life survey processing system. Senior Systems Analyst (9/77 – 5/79) Supervised the systems development and maintenance of the Quality of Work Life system and the Affirmative Action Program systems.
- Dow Corning Corporation (1/67 – 9/70), Midland, Michigan Programmer/Analyst. Developed and implemented computer based payroll system. Developed and maintained the telecommunications system.
- International Business Machines Corporation (6/64 – 1/67), Gaithersburg, Maryland Programmer. Designed, programmed and implemented real-time programs for NASA at Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Decision Sciences Institute
- Project Management Institute
Presentations and Publications
- “Information Technology Outsourcing”, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, March, 1996. Coauthored with Andy Borchers.
Institutional Services Performed
- Faculty Council Member (1992-Present)
- Faculty Council Curriculum Committee (1992-Present)
- Chairman (1992-1994, 1996-Present)
- Faculty Council Promotion and Tenure Committee (1994-Present), Chairman (1994-Present),
- Accreditation Committee (1998- )
- MIS Faculty Search Committee
- MSIS Program Revision Committee
- Outcomes Assessment Committee
- Certified Computing Professional, CCP, January 2000.
- Article Reviewer for: Information Systems Journal, 1997
- DSI National Meeting, 1996