Background + Expertise
Dr Marx joined Lawrence Technological University after twenty-eight years with General Motors Corporation where he served in a number of positions in Economics, Government Relations, Public Policy, Corporate Strategic Planning and a special assignment with the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association (1993-1994). His last position at General Motors was as the General Director, Economic Issues, Public Policy Center.
Prior to joining General Motors, Dr. Marx was an economist for the Federal Trade Commission and an economic/energy consultant for Foster Associates Inc. in Washington D.C.
Dr. Marx holds a number of honors, including: B.S. Summa Cum Laude; Pi Gamma Mu National Social Sciences Honor Society; Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society; Newcomen Society 1976 Special Award in Business History; Who’s Who in America; Who’s Who in the Midwest;<> Who’s Who in Industry and Finance; Personalities in America; and Personalities in the Midwest.
Areas of Expertise
- Economic Systems
- Global Business and Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Business and Society
- Global Leadership and Management
- Strategic Business Planning
- Ph.D. Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1973
- B.S. Business Administration (Summa Cum Laude), Rider University, 1969
- Lawrence Technological University, Undergraduate and Graduate Schools, 2005 – (Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Strategic Business Planning, Leadership and Management, Globalization and the New Economy, Institutions, Strategies, Structures and Systems, International Economics, Advanced Business Topics)
- University of Detroit Mercy, Undergraduate and Graduate Schools, 1988-1999 (Economics, Public Sector Economics, Business and Society, Strategic Business Planning)
- Wayne State University, 1982-1986 (Microeconomics, Strategic Business Planning, Business and Government)
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA, 1972-1973 (Microeconomics)
- Temple University, Philadelphia PA, 1972 (Microeconomics, Managerial Economics)
Publications and Presentations
- Business and Society: Economic, Moral and Political Foundations (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1985).
- Over seventy articles on economics, business and public policy issues in professional, refereed journals.
- Over one hundred presentations at government, industry and academic conferences and meetings.
- Served as assistant Editor and as reviewer for several professional economic and business journals