Doctor of Engineering in Manufacturing Systems
Lawrence Tech's DEMS program was designed for engineers who seek a high level of technical competence in a field that is key to the global economy. It offers the skills and abilities to develop as a future engineering leader in manufacturing systems.
Where once the master’s degree was seen as the ultimate credential, an increasing number of industry leaders recognize the depth and breadth of competence afforded through preparation at the doctoral level.
- Lawrence Tech’s DEMS program is unique in these aspects:
Students are practicing engineers working full-time in the Detroit metropolitan area – the hub of one of the leading and most technologically advanced manufacturing regions in the world;
- The program requires an internship similar to the medical profession. These industry internships engage you to help solve real manufacturing systems problems;
- Each DEMS participant works closely with two advisors – an academic advisor who provides state-of-the-art knowledge about engineering principles, and an industrial advisor who provides significant industrial experience and support.
DEMS courses offer in-depth knowledge about materials, processes, systems, computer-integrated manufacturing, quality, productivity, economics, and management. The core courses hone in on specialized skills and competencies:
- Design of Experiments -- How to effectively conduct research with a minimum number of experiments and obtain the maximum amount of information;
- Manufacturing Systems Simulation -- How to build mathematical models for any manufacturing system and provide answers to “what-if” questions in order to optimize manufacturing system performance, even before acquiring the system;
- Design for Reliability/Design for Manufacturability -- How to design to maximize reliability and manufacturing goals;
- How to model and design processes for optimization, quality, and profit;
- How to formulate successful strategic plans.
For more information about the program, contact:
Dr. K. Taraman
Dr. Ahad Ali
Assistant Professor - A. Leon Linton Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Director - Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
To apply to Lawrence Tech's DEMS program, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions, 248.204.3160, or email email@example.com.