Admission to the MSME program as a regular graduate student requires the applicant to:
1. Hold a BSME degree from an ABET-accredited university;
2. Provide official transcripts of all completed college work;
3. Have earned an overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
4. Submit a graduate application form; and
5. Submit two letters of recommendation, including one from a professor in the student’s undergraduate program and one from a corporate supervisor.
Applicants who do not meet all conditions for regular admissions may be admitted on a provisional basis as determined by the MSME Graduate Admissions Committee. The applicant will be evaluated for official graduate student status upon completion of nine (9) semester hours of graduate coursework, achieving a minimum grade of 3.0 in each course, at the university. Applicants with an engineering baccalaureate degree in a field other than mechanical engineering who have a GPA of at least 3.0 may be admitted on a provisionary basis. These students must satisfy all prerequisite requirements before they can be granted official graduate status. All course work must be completed within five years after the program is started.
For more information about or to apply to the MSME program, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 248.204.3160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org