Is This the Place for You?
Interested in video production? Want a fun and challenging job ON CAMPUS? Want to get paid while you learn? The eLearning Services Media Production team is looking for individuals passionate about video production and seeking professional jobs while still attending classes at LTU.
Check out this video and the information below to learn more about the position.
What You'll Do
- Film functions on campus such as lectures, presentations, student events, sporting events, and more
- Work in all areas of post-production from editing of audio and video to the creation of graphics
- Set up audio and lighting for large campus events
- Learn about professional workflows and communication
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop ideas and scripts
- Assist with equipment maintenance, installation, and repair
- Respond to student and faculty help inquiries via phone and email
- Perform other office duties as assigned
What We Look For
- Basic knowledge of video equipment and non-linear editing
- Motivated and responsible individuals who enjoy working alone and in teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- General knowledge of pop culture such as memes, viral videos, and social media
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere Pro
- Previous experience in video production
- Live event audio and lighting experience
Recommended Relevant Courses
- MCO2543 - Intro to Video Production
- MCO3203 - Camera for Broadcast
- MCO3303 - Video Editing
Create a 60-second video telling us why you want to work for eLearning's Media Pro team. Be creative; show off your skills! When you're done, post your video to YouTube and email the link to Rachel Cronover. Also include your résumé and links to any other of your videos we should see.
How Things Flow with Media Pro
A brief guide to creating a video with eLearning's Media Production unit.
Media Production Overview
eLearning Services Media Pro team provides media production support for the creation of digital video, audio, and graphics projects. Our team is composed primarily of students enrolled in the Media Communications degree program here at Lawrence Tech. Got an idea but you're not sure how to proceed? We can help all the way from pre-production through your finished piece.
- Provides support for recording and editing video of academic events
- Provides support for streaming video
- Converts video and audio to alternative media formats
- Supports development of interactive simulations and games
- Supports development of interactive presentations, including PowerPoint, Captivate, and other programs
- Creates graphics for use within course material
Media production can assist with video or digital media needs including video, podcasts, interactive presentations, and simulations. Contact the eLearning Services Media Production team at email@example.com to discuss specific needs.