How Do I Submit my Assignments?
My instructor indicated that I have to submit my assignment in Blackboard, how do I do this?
In your course select the menu area as directed by the instructor (e.g., Assignments or Modules). Make sure you read and follow the directions!
Find and select (click) the assignment name (hyperlink) to open the Upload Assignment window:
- Scroll down to the “Assignment Submission” and to the right of Attach File select “Browse My Computer”
- The “Choose File to Upload” box opens, locate the file you wish to submit; select (highlight) and click Open
- Under “Attached Files” you will see the name of the file that has been uploaded.
- Add any comments if desired, scroll down and click Submit
- When you submit the assignment, the Review Submission History window will open and you will see a preview of the assignment that you are submitting.
- You can page through the document using the up/down arrows above the preview window and
- you can see assignment detail on the right hand pane such as grade points, attempts, and submission information so you know that the assignment will be available for instructor grading.
SPECIAL NOTE ON FILE NAMES:
Keep file names short. Use letters, numbers and underscores only!
Do not use special characters in the filename
such as: & # % . , ; : * ^ ! @ $ () + ? / \
Acceptable filenames: my_assignment1_student
Unacceptable filename: my-assignment#1, student
Download, Save and Upload Assignment
My instructor has posted an assignment that I have to complete and then submit the modified document in Blackboard, how do I do this?
Navigate to the menu area as directed by the instructor (e.g., Assignments; Documents)
Find and select (click) the filename hyperlink to open the “File Download” box
- Select a location on your computer and click “Save”. You will receive a “Download complete”. You can now open, complete and save (make sure to rename the document!) the assignment to your computer.
IMPORTANT! In saving or renaming a document to upload into Blackboard. DO NOT use using any symbols or special characters such as #, $ % * & in the filename
Once you have completed and saved your assignment, you are ready to submit the assignment in Blackboard
Navigate to the assignment area in Blackboard and select the assignment name (hyperlink). The Upload Assignment window opens
Scroll and to the right of "Assignment Submission", "Attach File" and select "Browse My Computer"
Locate and select the file from "Choose File to Upload" and click Open
Add any comments if you like and scroll down, click Submit