SafeAssignTM is a plagiarism prevention service, offered by and included within Blackboard. SafeAssign assists in detecting unoriginal content in submitted papers.
How Do I Set Up a SafeAssign Project?
In a Blackboard course, faculty can set up SafeAssign to allow students to submit either draft or final assignment papers. To allow students an option of submitting a Draft Safe Assignment before the final Safe Assignment, you must set up two (2) separate Safe Assignments; the first with the Draft option checked and the other leaving the Draft option unchecked.
How Do I Use the Direct Submit in SafeAssign?
Direct Submit allows instructors to upload papers directly without student involvement (accommodates those "out of the ordinary" type of situations). Before submitting a document through Direct Submit, the document must be saved locally. You can either upload the file into Direct Submit or use copy/paste to add text directly in the editor.
How Do I Interpret the Report From SafeAssign?
This document will explain how to interpret the report that is received from a SafeAssign submit.
How Do I Review and Grade A SafeAssign Project?
Once students have submitted their assignments in SafeAssign the instructor may review the assignment, report and grade the project.
How Do I Clear A SafeAssign Attempt for a Student?
To allow a student to resubmit a SafeAssign project you must clear the attempt from Blackboard
How Do I Download SafeAssign Projects Submitted?
- Go to Control Panel; Course Tools; SafeAssign
- On the SafeAssign window click to select Safe Assignments. The Safe Assignment projects are listed.
- To the right of the project click the chevron (down arrows) and select View Submissions
- To select all student submissions, place a check mark to the left of the Student ID column or select individual students
- Click Download All Submissions near the top of the window. This will download the submissions as a zip file and allow you to save locally.
Repeat above for each Safe Assignment project you have in the course