What is Panopto CourseCast?
Panopto CourseCast is a presentation capture application that lets you record, capture PowerPoint presentations; audio and video lectures and share these recordings in a Blackboard course.
- Configure your Blackboard course for Panopto Lecture use
- Download and install the Panopto recorder on your computer
- Record and upload lectures to Blackboard
Download and Install
The Panopto recorder must be installed locally on your computer (PC or MAC). The recorder can be downloaded from Blackboard after course provision. The following links have specific instructions for downloading and installing the Panopto for either the PC or MAC.
Once the recorder is installed, open Panopto recorder and begin. The link below contains detailed instructions on recording and uploading your lecture to Blackboard
PANOPTO ALERTS & ISSUES
CHROME BROWSER NOTICE!!
Google Chrome will soon discontinue support for Microsoft Silverlight and other NPAPI plugins. Google disables NPAPI plugins by default. Silverlight is a NPAPI plugin that is currently required to use the Panopto Editor, upload media, and view legacy Panopto sessions.
Why? According to Java FAQ page, "Google's Chrome version 45 (scheduled for release in September 2015) drops support for NPAPI, impacting plugins for Silverlight, Java, Facebook Video and other similar NPAPI based plugins" For more information go to Java's FAQ web link
When Chrome does discontinue support for NPAPI plugins, you should use another browser (FIREFOX, SAFARI) to access Panopto recordings!
In the meantime, if you have Silverlight installed but see the prompt "To use this, please install Microsoft Silverlight" please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.
How to Enable NPAPI plugins (Silverlight) - Windows only
- Open Chrome, type in the Chrome address bar -- chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
- Click the Enable NPAPI setting.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Relaunch Now". Note: Closing and reopening Chrome is not sufficient, you must click the "Relaunch Now" button.
- Once Chrome relaunches, verify Silverlight is installed by browsing to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
If you see the message,"Silverlight is not currently installed". Click the "Click to Install" button to install Silverlight.
- Browse back to Panopto and continue as normal
HELP! Cannot use Hot Keys in Panopto with the LTU Yoga
The HOT KEYS on the LTU Yoga tablet do not seem to work?
Each manufacturer sets keyboard functions differently. The LTU Yoga keyboard defaults to the Fn keys controlling computer options.
Turn off the FnLk by pressing and holding the Fn key (on the bottom and to the right of Ctrl key) and pressing the Esc key (top left).
The Fn key will now display a "green light" and Panopto HOT keys will now work!