Please see below for our upcoming distribution hours for the Fall 2016 semester.
|Fall 2016 Laptop Distribution Dates (For New Fall Freshman)
|Wednesday||8/17/2016 (O&R/Early Distribution)||9:00 am-1:00pm||Students/Faculty|
|Thursday||8/18/2016 (O&R/Early Distribution)||3:00 pm-7:00pm||Students/Faculty|
|Monday||8/22/2016 (1st day of Classes)||11:00 am-6:30pm||Students/Faculty|
dates/times subject to change
Standard LTuZone Distribution Hours
Please see below for our standard distribution hours starting the beginning of the Summer 2016 semester.
|Mondays||11:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesdays||11:00am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesdays||11:00am - 4:00pm|
|Thursdays||11:00am - 4:00pm|
Faculty and Staff information
Before picking up a laptop, faculty must provide a fully executed Laptop Authorization form signed by the appropriate personnel from their department and a signed Faculty Laptop Agreement. These forms are available below.
Before a student receives a laptop, they must:
- Register for classes for the current term.
- Pay a $500 security deposit, payable by check or credit card.
- Have a Lawrence Tech photo ID card.
- Sign the laptop agreement which is online in BannerWeb
Here is the text of the Student Laptop Agreement for review.
Or if the student is under the age of 18, here is the text of the Student Laptop Agreement For Students Under The Age of 18 for review
The One Stop Service Center, room C304 in Taubman Student Services Building processes the payment of the laptop security deposit and provides Lawrence Tech Photo IDs.
What if my LTuZone Hardware is Stolen?
Step 1 - File a Police Report
Each person reporting a theft or missing and presumed stolen LTuZone hardware must file a police report within three business days in the jurisdiction in which the hardware is alleged to have been lost or stolen.
The police report must include the hardware's:
- model number
- manufacturer’s serial number
Step 2 - Submit the Police Report to LTU
It is the responsibility of the user/victim to provide a copy of the police report to LTU Business Services in the One-Stop Center. LTU will not obtain copies of the police reports filed by users/victims.
LTU Business Services will forward copies of the filed police reports to the Help Desk and Campus Safety.
Step 3 - Meet with Campus Security Director
Any person reporting that their LTuZone hardware was stolen must meet with the Director of Campus Safety and Security to discuss the details of the incident as reported to the police.
LTuZone hardware replacements may not be obtained until this meeting has taken place.
Step 4 - Obtain Replacement Hardware
- The $500 security deposit on account will be retained by the University when any LTuZone hardware is reported stolen and all steps above are followed.
- If no police report is filed, the full cost of the LTuZone hardware, currently $3000.00, will be charged to the account.
- To obtain LTuZone replacement hardware, a $500 security deposit must be on account, and can paid at the One-Stop Center.