Google Hangouts - Now Available
Google Hangouts let users connect and communicate with others in multi-user "virtual" rooms. Hangouts let you share your computer screen so other people in the hangout can see what’s on your screen. You can choose to share any open window on your computer. You can also share Google Drive files and collaborate to write meeting notes or draw on a shared whiteboard.
- To have an interactive synchronous class session with up to 10 students on video
- To hold office hours
- To record a workshop, break out, one-on-one or lecture session
Using Google+ Hangouts
Getting started with Google Hangouts does involve a few initial steps such as:
- Enabling your Google+ (Google Plus) account
- Install Google+ Hangout Plug-In (Google audio/video plug-in)
- Test and get familiar with Google Hangout options and interface and
- Invite attendees to join!
- OPTIONAL - Record Hangout Session using Google Hangouts on Air
Take a few minutes and view the video that will take you through the steps to get the most out of your Google Hangout session!!