Browser Security Settings
Browser security settings may prevent options to upload attachments, open plug-in interfaces, or other similar issues. If this occurs (depending on browser) the following steps should resolve the issues:
- Click File from menu bar. Select Tools, Options, Security (tab)
- On the first option "Warn me when sites try to install add-on", click the Exception box to the right
- In "Allowed sites" add the following addresses blackboard.com; safeassign.com; and my.ltu.edu
- Click Close, click Okay
Additional Firefox exception note (Gmail): If the pop-up blocker in Firefox is enabled, it will prevent the user from being able to add attachments in Gmail.
To resolve, follow the steps below:
- Click File from menu bar. Select Tools, Options, Content tab
- Click Exceptions to the right of Block Pop-Up Windows
- Add https://mail.google.com the the exceptions list
- Click the three bars on the right side of the address menu area
- Select Settings from the list of options then select Advanced Options tab (near bottom)
- Under Privacy select Content Settings, Manage Exceptions
- In Allow box type in blackboard.com; safeassign.con and my.ltu.edu
- Click Done
Blackboard 9.1 SP13
Issue Notification Feb 2014
Using Microsoft Internet Explorer for Blackboard access (Instructors/TAs)
Blackboard has issued notification regarding issues using Internet Explorer. Microsoft's Update to IE 11 this week causes crashes and "freezing screen" issues with Blackboard...
"On February 11th, 2014, Microsoft released a Cumulative Security Update, MS14-010.
This security update causes Internet Explorer 11 to crash when an instructor accesses any Blackboard Learn course that has Edit Mode turned on. This security update was pushed to all Windows users with IE11"
There is no resolution to the issue in Internet Explorer other than accessing Blackboard using another browser -- either Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
JAVA Update Version 1.7.0_55 (May 2014)
Update: The above JAVA update version 1.7.0_55 has been tested with Blackboard and appears to be stable with no identifiable issues. If status changes, notice will be updated on this website
Blackboard recently changed the verbiage on course exports emails. Since the email is now handled differently than in the past, it can be a bit misleading when you first encounter it.
If your export email states that
"Export Failed: [COURSEID] could not be completed
The requested operation failed and could not be completed. Contact the System Administrator for more information"
This means there is some error within the export than needs to be reviewed.
To review the error:
- Return to the export area of the course within Blackboard
- To the right of the export file, click the down chevron arrow and select "View Detailed Log"
This detailed log will display any warnings or errors that occurred within the course. If you have any questions or concerns about the errors/warning displayed, please send us an email at email@example.com.