We encourage you to take advantage of the information detailed below and in each of the specific menu items on the right to enable you to experience the best learning experience through our Blackboard system. Start with the Blackboard Introduction menu option to select the specific information desired.
If you are having issues with a particular browser, for example Chrome then try another browser (Firefox) first. Different browsers handle data differently.
Getting error messages that 3rd party cookies not allowed?
You need to set Blackboard in the browser’s security exception list. To do this for Firefox or Chrome go to our eHelp website Bb Issues and Alerts
How Do I Log On To Blackboard?
Your Blackboard username is your Campus username. It is the same username used to log into Blackboard, BannerWeb, Email, and campus computers, laptops, and tablets.
To find your username:
- Log into BannerWeb
- Click on Personal Information
- Click on View Email Addresses
- The Campus email address before the @ltu.edu is your new username
Your initial Blackboard password is your birthday in the format of MMDDYYYY (birthday month,day, four digits of year).
Changing your Password
Your Blackboard password is now the same password used to log into the Campus network. You will be able to change your password by following the instructions below anytime and anywhere after you create your profile.
Go to myPassword
- Click on "Edit my profile" to create a profile. Enter your username and your 8 digit birthdate (MMDDYYYY) as the password.
- Set up your security questions and confirmed and your profile is created, go back to the main page and click on "Change my password".
- Log in with your username and your 8 digit birthdate again to change your password. You can now log in to Blackboard with your username and your new password.
LTU has upgraded Blackboard to Blackboard 9.1 SP13 that offers exciting new changes and improvements. Logging into Blackboard is the same using your network password and username.
The system layout is the same with a fresh, cleaner interface and a number of new enhancements for both instructors and students.
Some of the new enhancements and improvements that you will see as a student is the Global Navigation area, updated Discussion Board Posts area and the updated calendar function.
The below 3 minute YouTube video will take you on a tour of the new features.
Submit/Upload Assignments (2:30 min)
Take Tests in Blackboard (2:00 min)
Check Grades (2:00 min)
Discussion Boards-Organize Posts (2:12 min)
Discussion Boards-Create New Thread (1:37 min)
Discussion Boards-Reply to a Thread (1:45 min)