Exporting Blackboard Course Files
Blackboard courses are available for approximately 6-8 weeks after semester end. To export a Blackboard course:
- Log into Blackboard and access course
- Select (click) Control Panel (located on the left-hand side of the screen) to expand the menu
- Select (click) Packages and Utilities to expand the menu
- Select (click) Export/Archive Course
- Select (click) Export
- Option 2: File Attachments -- The following should already by selected:
- Course File Default Directory: "Copy links and include copies of the files in the Course Directory"
- Files Outside of the Course Default Directory: "Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory"
- Option 3: Select Course Material
- Click "Select All" will select all content to be exported, you can then "uncheck" specific items not required
NOTE: If you have used this course for previous imports/exports prior to the latest upgrade of Blackboard, UNCHECK the following options:
- Wimba Classroom
- Wimba Voice Authoring
- Wimba Voice Board
- Wimba Voice Podcaster
- Wimba Voice Presentation
Excluding these options may prevent export/import errors
- Click Submit - a confirmation screen will be displayed with “you will receive an email when completed”
More detailed steps and information regarding saving and reviewing the exported package view or print out the following PDF documentation:
Export Blackboard Course, Save and Review Exported Package
Importing Blackboard Course Files
To import the package into a new Blackboard course:
- Log in to the desired Blackboard Course (new course)
- Under Control Panel, expand the tab for Packages and Utilities
- Select Import Packages / View Logs option; on that screen
- Select (click) Import Package button near top of the screen
- Click Browse to the right of Select a Package to locate and open the locally saved exported zipped course package
- Select each of the options you want to import by placing a checkmark in the box to the left of the item
- Click Submit
You will receive an email when the package is imported and available in Blackboard.
Where is the Imported Course Content?
You will see your imported content in your current course. Please note: this process does not overwrite your current Blackboard course but rather adds the material you are importing into it. You may need to rearrange or remove some items after the import process has fully completed.
Where is the Imported Course Package?
Blackboard 9.1 places imported course files (the zipped files that were exported from a previous course) in the Course Content area.
Import Blackboard Course Files