Create an Assignment
- Select a course menu area for the assignment, i.e., Assignments
- Select Assessment button, scroll and select Assignment
- Type the assignment Name (required), select (optional) color and enter any instructions for the students (optional)
- To attach a file, e.g., an example file, select “Browse My Computer” or “Browse Content Collection” select and open (attach)
- Points Possible: Type in grading points
- Associated Rubrics: Select Rubric (existing), Create New Rubric, or Create from Existing (edit options).
- If a rubric is added, the option to “Show Rubric to Students” becomes available
- Make Assignment Available: select checkbox
- Number of Attempts: Allow single attempt; unlimited attempts or Number of attempts (type in #)
Why should I allow students more than one attempt? If the student submits a wrong file or forgets to add the file before submitting, you have to manually clear the student’s attempt. Blackboard will list the most recent submission first so that you can determine which attempt to validate.
- Limit Availability: Select a Display After/Until date/times
- Track Number of Views: tracks/reports usage, viewing, and student access of assignment
- NEW ! Selecting a Due Date will automatically add the assignment date to the updated Calendar option for viewing. Also, any submissions accepted after this date, will be marked Late
- Recipients: Each student individually (default); Groups of students (selective)