Your job search is more than responding to the newspaper, internet, magazine, and other search engines. It takes patience and initiative to start a successful career of your dreams.
The ending result of your search may lead to new and great beginnings to jumpstart your career.
Career Services offers a variety of services to help in your initial steps in job searching and career preparation. Our staff will help you develop or critique your resume, assess your interviewing skills, provide networking strategies with employers, and much more!
The following list provides various sources to use in your job search:
- College or Community Career Center
- Government Affiliated Employment Agencies
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Internships and Co-ops
- College and Community Job Fairs
- Conferences of various national organizations or associations
- Networking with professionals, family, and/or friends
- Career-related magazines and publications
- Telephone interesting employers
- Visiting employers and organizations
- Active involvement with campus or outreach organizations/groups