What to do
BE AWARE THAT In an emergency all Campus Safety phone lines will be busy.
If the Campus phone lines are busy call 911. Request the Southfield Police.
- Gun shots make “popping” sounds, real gun shots do not sound like they do on TV.
- If you are not in immediate danger exit the building and the area.
- Phone loved ones after you are safe, this will prevent them from tying up emergency lines and campus safety personnel.
- If the shooter is near; Shelter in Place by
- Seeking cover and concealment:
- Cover means hide in or behind something that will stop a bullet.
- Concealment means hide in or behind something that may stop a bullet.
- Do not leave your cover & concealment “to see what is happening”.
- Mute your cell phone.
- Wait until the all clear is given and you are instructed to leave.
- Do not aggressively attempt to confront or apprehend the shooter, do so only as a last resort.
CAMPUS SAFETY 248-204-3945 OR *911 ON A CAMPUS PHONE