What is Google+ Hangouts?
Google+ Hangouts is a multi-user, live video chat that you can use to enhance your course. From online to hybrid to on-ground — there are opportunities to incorporate synchronous video chats in all modes of course delivery. You’ll find a few of eLearning’s favorite suggestions below.
The beauty of Google+ Hangouts is that it’s now available from within your ltu.edu email account. All you have to do is enable your Google+ account to get started.
Why use Google+ Hangouts?
- Video chat for free with up to 10 people from any device – your computer, tablet, or your smartphone
- Use any combination of text, voice, and video and a number of web conferencing tools
- Share your screen and collaborate on documents through Google Drive
- Restrict participants to those within your Google+ Circles or keep your session public
- Share your screen with a few simple clicks
- Enable a high level of online social presence and interaction
- Record sessions for playback later
- Rewind live broadcasts and catch up on the full chat if you join late (new!)
How can you use Google+ Hangouts in your course?
- Hold interactive synchronous class sessions with up to 10 students
- Hold office hours
- Stream live and/or record a workshop, breakout, or one-on-one course lecture
- Enable your students to hold group meetings from various locations
- Collaborate with others using your Google Drive documents
How do I use Google+ Hangouts?
- Enable your Google+ account within your ltu.edu email account
- Download the Google+ Hangouts plugin
- Check out our first-time users’ guide here: ltu.edu/ehelp/google_hangouts.asp or Sharing documents via Google Drive