LTU gives its users UNLIMITED storage in Google Drive!
Putting your files in the “cloud” just got easier. LTU has given its users unlimited storage space in Google drive. Google drive works just like file storage on your computer. With Google Drive, you can:
- Create, add, or upload a file using a single button.
- Find and add files shared with you more easily.
- Single-click a file to select it and double-click a file to open it.
- Drag-and-drop files and folders just like you do on your desktop.
- Take advantage of improved accessibility.
You can create folders to keep your files organized. You can share the files easily and then email the link to the document or post the link in Blackboard so your students can access the file. And the file stays in your Google drive so you don’t need to worry about hard drive failures are Blackboard courses going away with all your files. Here is how to add a link to a Google document in Blackboard.
- Create the Google Doc using your Google account (if you need help with this, contact eLearning)
- Once the document is complete, select “Share” in the upper right corner
- Before sharing your document, edit who has access. In the center of the screen the text says “Anyone who has the link can ____”. Select “Change” and it will take you to an editing page. Select “Anyone with the Link” and “Can Edit”
This allows only students on the Blackboard site access to the Google Document and edit the document.
- We also recommend modifying the permission settings. This will keep students from accessing the link and changing who has access to the document.
Copy and paste the link to the Google Doc.
Now your class is ready to use Google Docs!