Admission to the Master of Science in Technical and Professional Communication requires:
- Submission of the Application for Graduate Admission;
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Official transcripts of all completed college work;
- A resume, including academic and professional experience;
- One or more writing samples that demonstrate the applicant’s skill in either technical or professional communication. Professional portfolios may also be submitted;
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from either a professor or a corporate supervisor. The supervisory letter must be written by someone who has worked with the applicant in either an academic or corporate environment during the past three years and who is familiar with the applicant’s professional promise;
- An admissions interview with the program director (248.204.3656) or a designated faculty member.
Applicants with a GPA of less than a 3.0 and those with undergraduate degrees in a field other than technical communication will be admitted on a conditional basis. Students accepted conditionally are evaluated for official graduate student status upon completion of nine (9) semester hours of graduate course work at Lawrence Tech.