Physics Degree Requirements
The physics degree programs at Lawrence Tech place a strong emphasis on laboratory experience and the use of computers to prepare students for scientific study, research and development, and for medical, dental, and law school entrance. The programs also provide useful skills in preparation for immediate career opportunities. The Bachelor of Science in physics has many elective choices that enable students to design a degree to match their career goals in: lasers and holography, nuclear physics, bio-medical engineering, geophysics, health physics and nuclear medicine, science education, patent law, and astronomy.
The electrical and mechanical industrial physics options are featured for those who wish to work in research and development in industry. The Bachelor of Science in physics and computer science can prepare students to apply computers and sensor technology to the solving of practical problems. Students can:
- gain computer skills in Lawrence Tech labs, second to none, that allow analysis of data gathered with interfaced sensors;
- design a program to meet career objectives;
- engage in a field leading to the exciting research that drives the technological revolution, from radio astronomy to lasers, medical imaging, and supercomputers;
- join the many past LTU physics students who have gone on to the nation’s top graduate programs;
- participate in small classes where you interact closely with teachers and students
- find opportunities to participate as an undergraduate in special programs at national facilities, such as Oak Ridge, Argonne, Fermilab, and Los Alamos; and
- acquire the communication skills necessary for a successful career.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICS
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE