Why Computer Science at Lawrence Tech?
The faculty at Lawrence Tech is dedicated to your success and can provide one-on-one advising to help you reach your individual goals and create a program geared to your specific interests. Small classes enhance your interaction with your professors and other students. You will learn in specialty labs devoted to multimedia, computer graphics, distributed computing, and robotics. Lawrence Tech’s signature “theory and practice” approach combines strong instruction in the fundamentals of computer science with a focus on the practical skills needed in the workplace. You can participate in cooperative projects and in classroom, state, national, and international competitions that can further enhance your team-building and leadership skills. Opportunities for paid internships can also provide links to employers as well as valuable hands-on experience.
Graduates with a degree in Computer Science have many career options:
GET MORE. DO MORE.
Lawrence Technological University produces leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global view. That's why most Lawrence Tech students are employed within a month of graduating. Your benefits:
- Leadership Program that helps you develop the marketable skills that employers seek
- Leadership Portfolio that enhances your diploma - and your resume
- 12:1 student-faculty ratio
- Faculty with current industry experience
- Fully loaded high-powered laptop or tablet computer provided
- Schedules that work for you, with convenient day, evening, weekend, or online classes
- Hi-tech, wireless 102-acre campus that's commuter friendly, with recreation, housing, and meal service options
- Financial-aid, co-op, and internship opportunities
- Proactive career placement services