Architecture is a dynamic field involving the design and production of buildings and spaces that are inspiring, functional, sustainable, and responsive to their physical and social contexts.
Lawrence Technological University’s architecture program, among the largest in North America, can competitively position you for a career in the field of architecture or such allied disciplines as urban design, development, or construction management.
The Bachelor of Science in Architecture prepares you for a career in the field of architecture and leads to the Master of Architecture program, which is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board. At Lawrence Tech you will begin your architectural studies from day one. At other schools design studios come much later in the curriculum. The University’s signature theory and practice approach to learning emphasizes real-world, hands-on experience to better enable you to assume positions of leadership and responsibility.
The architectural curriculum is built uniquely around integrated design studios in which you will work with interdisciplinary faculty teams that include architects, landscape architects, and interior, lighting, and urban designers. As practicing professionals, the faculty provide mentorship in creating your own professional network. Involvement on campus in the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) and the local chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will give you access to industry professionals and provide opportunities to serve on local and national committees.
Why Architecture at Lawrence Tech?
- Participation in the summer study a broad program in Paris allows you to e xplore architecture and art in a culturally d iverse setting.
- You can work in the Detroit Studio, an u rban outreach program focused on ne ighborhood development projects i nvolving community-based architectural d esign and urban planning.
- Students win and place in national and in ternational competitions, including:
- American Society of Heating, R efrigerating and Air Conditioning E ngineers competition, 2010, 2011
- International Architectural Students and Young Architects Competition, Dubai, UA E
A dual degree with architecture is available with a fifth year of study.
Your 132-credit-hour program consists of:
|Humanities (with emphasis on leadership)||15|
|Math and science||15–16|
- Architectural design team associate
- Construction administration
- Product representation
- Real estate development
- Architecture education
Domestic Applicants: There is no formal deadline for applications; however, we recommend applying as early as possible to maximize academic scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
International Applicants: All documents are required to be received at least 90 days prior to the first day of the semester for which you would like to begin.
Portfolio Submittal Guidelines
Freshman Portfolio Guidelines: Click here for requirements
Undergraduate Transfer Portfolio Guidelines: Click here for requirements
For more information, contact Lawrence Tech’s Office of Admissions at 800.225.5588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.