Graduate Professional Degree Programs
The portfolio is a key element that provides essential evidence as to the applicants ability to be successful in the graduate program. Only evocative and professional portfolios with clear, concise graphics and verbiage that show the best of an applicants work should be submitted. The design and execution of the portfolio is an important indication of an applicant's design ability. Portfolios should conform to the following standards and guidelines.
Portfolios should comprise the following - Submit Portfolio to this e-mail address: email@example.com
- Portfolio should be submitted electronically in a single pdf format, no more than 25 pages and no larger than 15 MB in size
- A title page with the applicants name, a table of contents, and one-page maximum statement of design philosophy are required.
- A range of examples of design work which show the BEST of undergraduate design studios. A minimum of one project from each year (i.e. Sophomore, Junior & Senior), should be included. It is recommended that the strongest work come first (avoid a chronological portfolio), and that the verbiage focuses on the theoretical position, design strategies, and process of the particular project.
- Examples of technical drawings, four pages maximum (i.e. site plan, floor plan, elevation, section/details)
- Other appropriate portfolio materials include: examples of post-graduate practice work (the work however, must be the applicant's, and clearly identified as such); graphic or furniture design: design competitions; art work, and; photography.