“At Adidas Design, we feel there is great value in students getting real-world experience with hands-on projects. We created a brief around an idea that we were interested in exploring, and the Lawrence Tech students provided great ideas and solutions.” Rob Lee, creative director U.S., adidas
Industrial design is the profession of visionary designers and artists creating exciting aesthetics and functional products.
This dynamic field provides the opportunity for you to design a product or develop something revolutionary. Companies rely on their innovative designers to “leap frog” their competition.
Lawrence Technological University’s Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design has a central theme of design integration that weaves together creative art, engineering, leadership, entrepreneurship, and sustainability to produce a cohesive product. The structure of this program is unique, as it is designed to collaborate with industry professionals on the design and development of product concepts during all four years of the core curriculum.
Why Industrial Design at at Lawrence Tech?
- Interdisciplinary opportunities within the Colleges of Architecture and Design, Engineering, and Management
- You’ll employ your problem solving and design skills in company-sponsored projects in all four years.
- The program offers a strong balance of theory and practice, providing you with a better understanding of how products are creatively designed to solve issues of usability and ergonomics.
- In addition to exceptional exposure in studios, seminars, and lecture classes, you’ll benefit from dedicated studio space and access to digital, wood, and metal fabrication labs
- Product design
- Fashion design
- Jewelry design
- Entertainment art
- Graphic design
- 3D modeling
- Automotive/interior design
- Exhibition design
- Furniture design
Your 128-credit-hour program consists of:
Industrial design core
(with emphasis on leadership
|Math and science||16|