Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interaction Design
Interaction Design is one of the most dynamic disciplines in the information age. If you wish to enter this exciting and competitive field, you need to have top-notch computer skills and an understanding of advancing technology. Lawrence Technological University's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interaction Design offers you the skills needed to stay on the cutting-edge: a solid educational background combined with the opportunity to develop and express your creativity. The BFA in Interaction Design program explores the use of graphics, images, and objects in time-based media, generally involving motion, such as film, videographic title design, web design, animation, game development, and architectural conceptualization.
You will start with drawing and three-dimensional design to develop artistic skill and sensitivity to traditional materials. Elective courses available in architecture and design, business, computer science, or engineering will allow you to further explore creative avenues.
Our National Association of Art and Design (NASAD) accredited Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interaction Design program, offers you a rich liberal arts core curriculum encouraging intellectual inquiry as the foundation of a lifelong awareness that informs artistic expression. Studies in literature, the sciences, philosophy, math, and history all contribute to the vision of the imaging professional.
Theory and practice, Lawrence Tech's underlying philosophy, are the essentials to an effective and marketable designer. All graduates are required to complete a 150-hour internship program where they apply their theoretical knowledge to real life situations and receive mentoring from practicing professionals.
Why Lawrence Tech's BFA in Interaction Design?
- All Interaction Design students are issued Macintosh laptops custom-configured with the software needed for each class or design lab.
- Facilities at the University include a Macintosh computer lab that supports graphic design and animation.
- Students have access to fully equipped photography studio and darkroom, sculpture studio, metal shop, wood shop, and ample personal studio space.
- Digital cameras and digital video equipment are available for student use for class projects.
- Imaging classes at Lawrence Tech are taught by faculty who are practicing in the field.
- You will participate in a required internship in the field prior to graduation, which can help you prepare for professional practice.
Graduates with a degree in Interaction Design have many career options:
- Interactive Media
- Art direction/advertising design
- Video and film
- Web design and development
- User experience
- Architectural rendering
- Interface design
- 3D modeling
- Environmental graphics (signage and way-finding)
- Exhibition design
- Game design