Master of Architecture, University of Pennsylvania, 1976
Master of City Planning, University of Pennsylvania, 1976
Master of Architecture, Tulane University, 2004
Bachelor of Architecture, Tulane University, 1973
Dean, Lawrence Technological University, College of Architecture and Design, Professor, 2006-present
Associate Professor, University of Kansas, School of Architecture & Urban Design, 1986-2001
Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, School of Architecture & Urban Design, 1980-1986
ARC4264 Allied Studio: Paris
Principal, Gould Evans Associates, 1990-2005
Principal, Glen S. LeRoy, AIA, AICP,1984-1990
Principal Urban Designer, HNTB, 1983-1984
Project Architect and Urban Designer, Design Build Architects, 1980-1983
Project Architect and Planner, Marshall and Brown, Architects and Planners,1979-1980
Project Architect, Abend Singleton Associates, 1978-1979
Project Architect and Planner, Heery and Heery, 1976-1978
Architectural Intern, Sidorowicz Architects, 1973-1975
1. "New Urbanism and J.C. Nichols' Legacy," Review: Architecture, 2003, Vol. 5, No.6., 2003.
2. "Creating a Place for Learning-Everywhere, All the Time," Community College Journal,
Volume 72, Number 1, August/September, 2001. (co-authored with Lucy Brajevich).
3. Four Architectural Textbooks Illustrated: Concepts in Architectural Acoustics,
Concepts in Thermal Comfort, Concepts in Building Fire Safety; M. David Egan, author.
4. Presentation: "Achieving Consensus through Public Participation,"
American Planning Association, National Conference, September 10, 2003.
5. Presentation: "The Form of Sustainable Cities," Affordable Comfort National Conference,
Kansas City, Missouri, April 1, 2003.
6. Presentation: "Wise Growth and Smart Development," Gulf of Mexico Symposium,
Mobile, Alabama, April 11, 2000.
1. Fellow, American Institute of Architects, 1999
2. Fellow, American Institute of Certified Planners, 2000
3. FOCUS Kansas City, a Comprehensive and Strategic Plan, American Planning Association,
National Outstanding Planning Award, 1997
4. Fairhope Comprehensive Plan, Fairhope, Alabama, American Planning
Association, Alabama Chapter, Award of Excellence, 2001
5. Missouri Riverfront Corridor Plan, American Society of Landscape
Architects, Prairie Gateway chapter, Merit Award, 2000
6. Distinguished Planning Award, American Planning Association, Missouri
7. Bradley Award for Teaching Excellence, Univeristy of Kansas, 1987
1. American Institute of Architects National Conference, attendee/delegate
2. American Planning Association, attendee and speaker
3. Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, attendee
4. Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, attendee and speaker
5. AIA Michigan Leadership Conference, speaker
6. AIA Michigan Design Workshop, attendee