Lawrence Technological University’s Master of Architecture combines theory with practice and emphasizes the integration of technical, social, and environmental ideals in architecture.
Our Master of Architecture program offers you the academic credentials for professional licensing and admission to the field of architecture. It prepares students for lifelong learning through critical practice and aims to develop architects who are committed to creative inquiry, critical thinking, innovative design, evocative communication, and professional leadership.
The Master of Architecture is a four-semester degree program that combines a core of professional studies with interdisciplinary electives in a practice profile you select. Program course work encompasses advanced design studios taught by a vibrant faculty and a Critical Practice studio, led by a nationally recognized practitioner. Core and elective courses cover theory, research, practice, and management, led by faculty experienced in each area.
Students elect to focus on one or more of the following subject areas in studio and elective courses as they construct their own personal practice profile.
Pre-Professional Entry Students with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture may complete as few as 36 credits for the Master of Architecture.
Students are eligible to apply for this program if they are graduates of a recognized baccalaureate degree program in architecture. Admission to the MArch degree program requires the following items:
1. Submission of the Graduate Application, which can be submitted online at www.ltu.edu/apply.
2. Official transcripts of all completed college work.
3. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
4. A resume, including all work experience and extracurricular activities.
5. Three letters of recommendation: two from faculty members employed by a university school of architecture or interior design (not a member of the Graduate Admissions Committee) and one work reference (preferably from an immediate supervisor at your current place of employment).
6. A comprehensive portfolio demonstrating a range of visualization and design abilities and experience. Work should include creative, academic work and may include professional work with a clear statement of the applicant’s contribution. Portfolios must be submitted electronically in a single PDF format and contain no more than 25 images, with a total size not to exceed 15 MB. Send portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. A one-page essay describing your personal and professional achievements within the last five years and your specific academic and professional goals for the next five years.
Note: All application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
Your 36-credit-hour program consists of:
You can also receive the same rigorous education we provide in our campus program fully online. Receive your Master of Architecture flexibly -- while working full-time -- from the same prestigious, industry expert faculty who teach on our ground campus.Find out more
GET STARTEDFor more information, contact Lawrence Tech’s Office of Admissions at 800.225.5588 or firstname.lastname@example.org