Learn about the PROCESS (click here to view presentation):
• Focus – Finding information relevant to your topic
• Facts – Finding information that supports your research
• Fundamentals – Scholarly vs. popular research
October 8th - 12:30PM - 1:30PM
October 10th - 7:00PM - 8:00PM
Click here to participate.
Learn about SOURCES, SEARCHES and CITATIONS (see below for presentation links):
• Finding Sources – Review of scholarly vs. popular research
• Introduction to Citation Styles (MLA, APA, Chicago) – See samples of the various styles and review
• Organizing/Storing Resources – How to RefWorks to track references and build bibliographies
Searching & Sources - Clck here to view presentation
Citations and RefWorks - Clck here to view presentation
Learn about WRITING AND REVIEW (clck here to view presentation):
• Rules of Writing
• Final Fix – Pulling it all together. Editing is necessary.
The LTU Library presents its first Student Night against Procrastination. SNaP is a unique late-night opportunity to get assistance with research projects, resumes, writing, math, and science assignments.
The library will be open March 26, 2015, 9:30 p.m.-3 a.m., with librarians, tutors, and others to support student success. Campus transportation will run with extended hours to get students to and from the event.
Register and more information:
Options include assistance with research, database use, writing, math, and science. Career Services staff will assist with resumes from 10-12 p.m.